Tuesday 1 May 2012

THE KICK START START?



You may remember that I was having problems with replacing my kick start shaft.  Eventually on the 28/02/12 I sent the complete unit to Scooter Surgery for Patrick to investigate why I was having a problem.  On Saturday 28th April I received it back.  I think that it is chiefly due to Maude being on my case that it has finally came to the top of Patrick's pile.

I rushed down to the garage and found the kick start leaver, had the problem been solved?  I guess the immediate answer is NO. 

 

The leaver fits on the shaft as I would have expected but when I come to fit the clamp bolt the groove in the shaft does not line up with the the bolt in the leaver.  Disappointment hardly describes my feelings at the moment because this is where I had started.






Maude replied to my email saying that Patrick had fitted his LD leaver to the unit and all had been well.  The suggestion now is for me to take the scooter down to Hammersmith for Patrick to sort it out.  I'm not sure my pension would support that.  I have said that I need some time to investigate before making a decision on my next move.

Some good news, Patrick has not charged me for the time he has spent investigating, possibly encouraged by Maude.  I'm grateful and I don't want to fall out with them.  I look forward to taking the mechanism apart again and seeing what mods, if any, were made to the shaft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment