Friday 9 July 2010

TOMORROW'S THE DAY

I had a phone call from Mark Flanagan (the guy who is selling the scooter) at about 1100 hrs to confirm all was well and he anticipated arriving at Bramfield at 1230 hrs on Saturday morning. It makes your heart jump when you realise that's TOMORROW. I asked about photographs from his project up to the point he sold the scooter. He has some and said he would Email them to me at some point. This would be great as it would allow me to assemble a complete rebuild history. If I hear nothing I will give him an Email reminder, I don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

Having run through all my doubts again I decide that I really should sort out where I'm going to put it when it arrives. Obviously it will go in the Project office but at the moment the TF is in the way and will need to be pushed to one side. This is not a problem in that I bought four "GoJacks" from Ebay and these allow me to lift each wheel and push the car where I want it. My problem is that I'm suffering (as only a man can, says June) from Sciatica in my right leg. This is making it very difficult for me to walk. It's been so bad that I haven't even tried out my GoJacks, how bad is that? Well, tomorrow being the day I had to do something. Perhaps it was the excitement of the scooters arrival or may be the fact that I had been laying in the garden for most of the afternoon, whatever it was, the system worked fine. With the TF moved to one side I had plenty of room to put the scooter.

I think I'm ready. Let the project begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment