Wednesday 14 July 2010

WHAT HAVE I GOT?


Tim came down Sunday to see us. the day after delivery, to have a look at the purchase.  Like Jax he was impressed, it was a lot more than he expected.  He helped me take photographs of all the bits so that I had a record .  This was the first stage in the long road to getting the scooter on the road.  As we assessed the bits I began to realise just how much more I was going to have to find.  Little things, but non the less essential.  
This started me thinking, will there be bits available? 

This lead me to remember my advice to someone else, "always buy something complete and running".  That way you know you have got enough bits to make it work and you only have to then decide what cosmetic standard you want to achieve.  Perhaps I was feeling a bit low but my heart sank as I thought about the task ahead.  Should have I bid more for the Isle of Whit scooter?  I must stop thinking like this because it will spoil the project, I went into it with my eyes open so I have to live with it. 

One good thing to come out of our inspection was that we found both the frame number and the engine number.  Apparently I will need to take rubbings of these to submit to the Lambretta Club of Great Britain.  I intend to join tomorrow.

My next task is to make a list of things that I can see that I will require and then to start looking for them.  I hope that this will cheer me up and let me see that I can make it work.  First lets have a look at what I have got for my money.













AND THE SCOOTER

No comments:

Post a Comment